About Me

My photo
I am a happy go lucky person. Life is beautiful as there is more to discover in life.I cherish every moment in life especially with family and friends.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MY OWN EXPERIENCE!


I have learnt the language since young. I have the love for it, the subject.I sometimes wonder why other people do not like to learn English? Do you think I have fun learning the subject in the past ? Not really ! Being a language teacher myself, I envy students nowadays as there are so many great and wonderful activities that the teachers do with them. Lucky them! I believe intrinsic motivation is very important too. It does play a role where I can see in my daughter who watches a lot of cartoons in the PHDC Channel.She enjoys all the cartoons especially The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, My friends Tigger and Pooh, Little Einsteins,etc. That is where she picks up the language from. However, I am quite worried about the influence of American English on her as I do encourage my students to practise British English. She won first place in the Rhyme competition at her school with her 'Twinkle twinkle little star.I am happy for her. Now, I am trying to encourage her to do story telling in English. One day, she came back telling me, 'Mummy, my teacher said it is 'water' not 'wa-ter'. Now, I try to watch her favourite channel with her and I try to correct some pronunciations heard on TV which are not pronounced as British English.

No comments: